Doué La Fontaine is a town situated between Angers and Saumur on the routes D 761 and D 960. The church can be found near the Super U supermarket, just off the road from Doué to Cholet, and its spire is clearly visible from the supermarket car-park. Just beyond the car-park is a small roundabout, and past that is the Rue du Portail, which will give access to the church
The district of La Chapelle was originally quite distinct from Doué, together with another district, Douces, but they were all joined together in 1841 to form the single commune of Doué La Fontaine with a population at the time of 3079 inhabitants. In 2017 the town was redesignated to Doué en Anjou.